It’s my birthday… and I am 30 years old!!!! It happened so fast! Honestly, I have been dreading the Big 30 for the last couple years. 30’s always seemed so old to me and I just couldn’t see myself ever reaching that age… Alas, here it is. For me, 30 has always been the year that I thought I would be ready for kids. The faster it came, the more I realized I’m just not quite ready for all that commitment. I thought that when I reached my 30’s there would be some magical button or alarm that would go off inside and say “ it’s baby time” and that I would want that. Now, don’t get me wrong- Dave and I really want kids, but I thought I would be ready at 30 and I’m just not, and for someone who is a planner, and always envisioned starting a family at 30, it’s a little strange. My mom had me when she was 30 years old and I kind of, in a way, always thought I would be exactly like that. But I will just take 30 as it comes, and know that God has it in His hands. And I’ve decided my 30’s are going to the be the best yet! So in getting this 30 party started, I thought I’d share 30 fun facts about myself with you!
I wanted to say thank you all for your friendship and for you taking the time to visit my small corner of the world. Thank you to so many of you who are following along in my journey, continuing to encourage me and build me up with your friendship- it means so much to me! I never thought I would ever blog or ever really write for others to see, but it has been such a joy for me to type out my feelings, emotions, thoughts and share my life, so thank you for making that happen!
Well here goes, 30 Fun Facts about Me!
- I have had my nose pierced two times.
- I absolutely LOVE old movies and always wished I could have been an actress in the 40’s! I actually watched almost all of the old movies that the library system in Kansas City, Missouri had!
- My favorite movie of all time is “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.” And my close second is ” Brigadoon.”
- I love to plan and planners are my favorite- Especially if they have cute stickers!
- I had my appendix taking out in 5th grade and while in the hospital they found out I have a heart condition called Ventriculartacicardia.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Music Education and I got my Master’s degree in Violin Pedagogy. In case you were wondering, that just means I’m awesome at teaching Strings! lol
- I absolutely love red velvet cake and fun fetti cake, with whip frosting!
- I love dressing up for halloween and spirit days/ weeks at school! The bigger the better, right?!!
- I love snow! I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I love watching the snow flakes come down, coating the ground in a blanket of white- It is magical!
- I enjoy thrifting and going to consignment shops. But antique stores are my favorite!
- I am the oldest of 3. My brother, Erik, is two years younger than me and my sister, Emily, is 7 years younger than me.
- Growing up I had a tabby cat named Annabelle, and a sweet black lab, Irish Setter mixed we named Hershey. I am definitely more a fan of dogs!
- I have lived in 2 different states, and 3 different cities: Birmingham, Alabama, Kansas City, Missouri, and Springfield, Missouri.
- The movie “Woodlawn” was based off of the high school I would have attended if my family had stayed in Birmingham.
- I started playing violin at the age of 5 and went to a Magnet School for the Arts from k-5, which had an orchestra program.
- My mom and I got to perform a concert with Celtic Women in Chicago.
- My hubby and I met one night when he was on tour in Springfield and I just happened to go to the show!
- When I was student teaching I loved wearing heels because it made me feel powerful and all the kids could hear me.
- I tried drinking coffee black in college, because I was poor… but I really can only drink coffee with creamer and sugar, or a flavored creamer. I would easily drink 5-6 cups of coffee during my Master’s program and I many times forgot to eat.
- Tres Leches is one of my favorite deserts!
- I could eat pepperoni and Jalapeno pizza EVERY SINGLE DAY! Or Nachos!
- I could watch “The Devil Wears Prada” over and over again… I’m actually watching it while I’m writing this!
- I’ve been best friends with the same group since the beginning of our freshman year of college! They are complete blessings!
- Whenever I am super stressed, I many times burst into crazy laughter, which soon turns into a mixture of laughing and crying and I usually turn bright red.
- I really love yoga and how I feel during and after! At one point this last summer I was doing yoga every day! I need to get back into it!
- I wore a size 3- 5 jean my senior year of high school- how???
- One of my favorite shows is Parenthood… so good! I cried and laughed and became part of their family!
- I got a chance to travel to Europe and perform with my college orchestra in 8 different countries and 28 cities in 30 days- it was MAGICAL! I absolutely loved Austria and France! I hope to go back with Dave someday!
- I danced under the Eiffel Tower while it was pouring rain and it was magnificent! It was one of my favorite moments ever and totally like a scene from a movie!
- I love hats… all kinds, and wish I could wear them to school!
Well, if you made it through the whole list… you’re a champ! Thanks so much! I hope you learned a little more about me.
I would love to learn more about you… leave a fun fact in the comments below about yourself!
CHEERS TO 30… IT’S GONNA BE AWESOME!
11 thoughts on “HELLO 30!”
Happy Biethday, Erin! Love your pictures, you look very happy and beautiful! Hope this decade brings you all you seek!
Thank you so much!!! I love vintage clothing and decided to do a fun photoshoot with my fur stole my grandma gave me! So fun! I am excited for this new journey! Have a merry Christmas!!!
Happy birthday Erin!!! Loved reading all your fun facts!
Thanks Andrea! Thanks so much for reading the post and for commenting! It means so much! I had a lovely 30th with my family!
Hope you had a lovely birthday!!
Thanks! It was a wonderful time
Happy Birthday Erin! It was great getting to know you better. I totally get you with Devil Wears Prada. And *claps* on so many accomplishments and super exciting musical moments – only at 30! You should be so proud!
Aww thank you so much!!! I’m glad you enjoyed reading the post! And thank you so much for the compliment… God has allowed me to accomplish a lot and I have been truly blessed. Hope you had a wonderful birthday as well!
Oh my! Happy Birthday to you then ♥ Even in your 30s, you are still stunning! ☃ I just love ur photos 🙂 ❄
Blog de la Licorne
Thank you so much! It was a fabulous 30th birthday! I had a wonderful time with family and thank you for the compliment! I am such a fan of old movies, I decided I wanted to go vintage in my post! Cheers to a beautiful and happy new year!