Hello Wonderful Readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to be a part of my life and this blog! It really means a lot to me that you all show up and read my posts! I have some great news that I would love to share with you all. Sometimes being a blogger is challenging because there are so many people blogging about the same things and it is hard to get noticed. I have felt that some, but I have strived to continue writing things that I have experienced or things that I have felt God has led me to write about. So it was that in mind that I was extremely humbled to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award from Niroshini of asweethintofblush.blogspot.se. Thank you Niroshini for taking the time to read my blog and nominating me for this award- I am honored and humbled!
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Sunshine Blogger Award- My answers to Niroshimi’s Questions
- What is the purpose of your blog?
I originally started this blog as a space to talk about my students and being a teacher, and showcase my teacher outfits! haha! It has totally evolved! So I still write about my students, and the classroom, but I now I write about daily events and things that I feel like God is leading on my heart. I also have pages that are specific to teaching, decor/ home styling, fashion, and giving daily encouragements! I love writing to encourage and inspire women and hopefully my blog is doing that exact thing!
2. How did you find out it was time to start your own blog?
I have always enjoyed writing and have kept a journal for forever and honestly, it was kind of on a whim. I just decided, why not? It can’t be that hard, right?! Well, it is a little more challenging that I first thought, but I am so glad that I began this journey. I also wanted a space to be able to inspire and encourage other women on a daily basis, whether that be with my blog posts, or pictures of amazing houses and decor to much more.
3. Do you plan on making new friends through your blog? if no, why not?
Yes, I always hoped to get to meet other women on this journey, but I never expected to meet so many amazing women. I have truly been inspired by some of the women I have met, the things they are sharing about their lives and about their families and experiences. But beyond that, I have made some friendships that I am really excited about.
4. What are you hopes and dreams for your blog’s future?
Honestly, right now I’m not sure. I love writing and i love being able to inspire and encourage others, and if that is all my blog is here to do, then I’m fine with that. I love teaching, so I am not looking for the blog to be my income right now, but maybe in the future when the hubby and I decide to have kids, that may be something on the table .
5.Which other activities are precious to you other than blogging?
Well, I am an orchestra teacher throughout the school year, so I enjoy teaching and performing. I have played violin for 25 years and I perform all over springfield in multiple symphonies and groups and have appeared as a soloist with a couple orchestras in Kansas City. I also love to draw and paint- I actually thought I was going to be an art teacher while I was in high school-I took literally ever art class I could. I also love hanging out with my hubby and my best friends and being outside hiking, swimming, Kayaking, and admiring nature.
6. What is your favorite song? 🎶
That is such a hard question. I love so many songs and pieces- I was a music major, so I love a lot of different kinds of music. Hmm but if I had to answer, I absolutely love Jason Reeves song “More in Love with You”- this is the song my husband had playing in the background as he proposed. We had always loved this song and had said that the song was about us, or what we wanted to be like as a married couple. If you haven’t heard it, you totally should look it up and listen… it is the sweetest song.
7. Are you a bookworm?
I used to enjoy reading a lot and then i went to Grad school and I had to read so much that I really hated book for a while. I am just now getting back to enjoying reading again.
8. Which is your favorite flower?
I love peonies because they are so sweet, beautiful and feminine but I also love poppies and saw so many of them when I had a chance to travel with an orchestra in Europe! I love the vibrant red color of the poppies.
9. Did you have someone who showed you a lot of support when you were starting your blog? If so, who?
Not really helping me per se with my blog, but I did have a couple people that as I was getting more into it, I asked for advise. I asked Jackie from thatswhatsupblog.com , Tabitha from blondedlights.com, and Stephanie from citrusandsun.com
10. Do you make lists to get stuff done?
Yes, I am a total list maker. I love the satisfaction of checking things off once completed. I also love planners and while I post some activities in my phone, I always love writing everything out!
11. Which blog topic(s) do you find you love the most?
I love talking about faith, relationships and teaching. I have found that you have to be passionate about the things you write about and when you are the words just flow. I love reading others blog posts about their lives, things they have learned, and advise!
#3- Nomination of 11 other blogs for the Sunshine Blog Award!
Are ya’ll ready to find out??? It was really tough to make this decision
Congratulations to you all… I loved reading and looking through your blogs!
My Questions for You!
- Why did you start your blog? What do you want others to get from reading your blog?
- If you had to give your personality a color, what color would you be and why?
- Do you have pets? Are you a dog or cat person?
- Tell me a little bit about you and your family?
- What is your favorite drink?
- If you could give one piece of advise to a new blogger, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- If you had to choose 1 meal for your last meal, what would you choose and why
- What are some of your hobbies other than blogging?
- Did you have someone help you when you first began blogging, and if so, who?
- What is one of your dreams?
I can not wait to see all your posts!!!