I am completely humbled and overjoyed to receive the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD from an established blogger Pam of joyfulsource.com. I was completely shocked that I got this award for my blog because I am a first timer at this and only began a short while ago. I am so excited that through this award I have had the opportunity to read so many wonderful blogs and connect myself with other fellow bloggers. I have been so fortunate to find this group of bloggers and I am excited for the rest of the journey. Before I pass on this “trophy” from Pam to my selection of nominees, as a part of receiving this award, I would have to follow certain rules.
There are a few rules that I do have to mention prior to acceptation the award.
I have to thank the blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog.
I have to write a brief story of how my blog started.
I have to give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
I have to select 15 other bloggers that I want to pass this award onto.
I also have to comment on each of the 15 blogs to let them know that I have nominated them and provide them the link to this post.
HOW MY BLOG BEGAN:
I began this blog about 3 months ago and kind of did it on a whim. I had the notion that blogging would be easy and I would have lots to talk about… well, I do usually have a lot to talk about, but it has definitely consumed more of my time than I thought. My main reason for starting my blog was to be the voice for my students, discuss teaching and the hardships and joys, discuss life seasons and events to one day look back on this time in my life, and hopefully inspire others through my words, fashion and home decor. Throughout all of the posts and pictures, I want to be real with people about all the ends and outs of my life, the trials and the joys, and the things I find beautiful! I am so incredibly happy that I began this journey through blogging to meet so many wonderful women and read about their lives and stories.
- Write about the things that you want to write about. Don’t feel pressure to keep up with the things others are writing about or strive to write similar to others. It won’t flow and your readers will not enjoy it as much.
- Be authentic! We all use filters and other things to capture the beautiful shots and I’m not saying you shouldn’t, but maybe do some behind the scenes or allow your posts to be raw sometimes… I personally like reading those posts the most. This is something that I have been working on… having confidence in my writing and doing it my way!
I absolutely enjoyed reading and skimming through the blogs and webpages that were given on Fb and it was definitely a hard decision, but (drum roll…. please)… Here are my selections for this award. ( Not in a specific order)
List of Nominees:
- Mary from https://www.maryteaches.com
- Miriam from http://beautywithmiriam.com/
- Heaven from Www.adayingrace.com
- Shannon from www.champagneatshannons.com
- Alison from http://hollyivymommy.com/
- Jessica from http://www.jesslivewell.com
- Ciara from www.coolthingsilove.com
- Kara from www.chinupsweetie.wordpress.com
- Yasmina from www.livingwithajerkblog.wordpress.com
- Niharika from http://byniharika.com/
- Kayla from http://www.neutralfig.com
- Caitlin from http://thisbeautifuldisasterlife.wordpress.com
- Melissa from http://seekyourbeauty.com
- Hannah from https://thecakebyhannah.com
- Mary from https://balancefitnessonline.wixsite.com/home
Keep up the fantastic work, keep sharing your real selves, and keep paying it forward. I enjoyed all of your blogs for different reasons… I loved how unique each one was and the things you discuss!
Congratulations to you all!!!! Thanks for reading and till we meet again! 🙂